Do you live in Kent and bored of your usual dog walking route? Try some of these below. They are scenic and fun for everyone, and you might discover one you’ve not been to yet.
- Dungeness, the UK’s only desert and it’s dog friendly all year round.
- Greatstone Beach is dog friendly after 6pm in the summer. This is also our preferred sandy beach option in the summer as it’s less touristy.
- The Warren Folkestone, dog friendly all year round.
- For really really good dogs, The White Cliffs of Dover. Beautiful views & history.
- On the border of Kent/ Sussex. Camber sands, this is our most visited beach in Winter. This is dog friendly from end of September to March.
Forests, there’s hundreds in Kent but these are our favourite.
- Kings Wood, Challock. Our most visited, best times to go before 8am after 4pm to spot wild deer.
- Lyminge Forest.
- Dering Woods Pluckley.
- Blean woods, Canterbury. 1257 acres of it.
- Ham Street Wood, small but beautiful. Especially in Spring with blankets of blue bells.
Less muddy: Parks & country parks
- Kerseny abbey in River, Dover. A beautiful maintained park, river and small woodlands.
- Fordwich village in Canterbury, for canoeing, fishing and walks.
- Canal walks in Hythe.
- Bettshanger park in Deal.
Dog friendly attractions
- Ashford Designer Outlet, fashion and your pup. McArthurGlen Ashford is dog friendly as long as they are well behaved and on leads.
- Ikham mote , a beautiful 14th century moated manor house. Dogs are not allowed in the main attraction, but are allowed on the acres of grounds surrounding.
- Scotney Castle, another National Trust location and same rules apply.
- Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway, a mini tourist train that runs along the southern coastline to Dungeness.
- Hever Castle, my favourite Kent castle, it’s ridiculously beautiful all year round and dogs on leads welcome.
- Canoe Wild in Fordwich. One of our favourites, an adventure day out with your pup.
There are hundreds more wonderful dog friendly spots in Kent. These are our current favourites and I will update this page when we visit more. In the meantime please share your favourites below.